Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"Keep Chopping Wood"


Shawn Bell: great, great game. I can't help but admit I doubted. I did. But the second you and Shelton completed the first touchdown pass of the fourth quarter, I looked at a friend who was with me at the game and said, "We're going to win this game."

Just Believe.


I know I've given Shawn a very hard time, and this week he just shut my mouth. There was a lot of courage on the field in that last 10 minutes. A lot of courage. Offense and defense, but every pass in that last 10 minute period was fantastic. I don't know what switched the light, but keep it lit. Incredible effort.

I make a vow right now. I choose not to doubt Shawn Bell ever again. I will believe in him, this offense and this team, no matter what.

I'm going to be out of the country, but I have my CSTV All-Access pass working and will be watching the game from England at midnight. I'm looking forward to this offense showing some more of what I saw in the fourth quarter. Playing like that, there aren't many teams that can stay on the field with the Bears.

Bring it home, boys. Just believe. I do.

No comments: